Updated: Sep 6
Step by step guide to turn your pumpkins into dessert (Best used on Sugar Pumpkins, Cheese pumpkins and other sweet squash - not recommended for field pumpkins)
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Part I: Making Pumpkin Edible
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. While oven is heating, start cutting your pumpkin to (1/4 - 1/8) sections, remove all seeds (and save for next year's planting in a labeled envelope)
3. Place your pumpkin sections on a baking sheet, and roast until the meat of the pumpkin has softened (about 40 min)
4. Allow to cool for about 1 hour.
6. Measure out 15 oz, and place in Ziplock bag.
7. Double bag, label and put in freezer for future use.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7, until pumpkin puree is gone.
Part II: Pie Ingredients
1 15oz bag of pumpkin puree
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Part III: Pie Baking Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
Cool. Garnish as desired.
Store covered in refrigerator.